Happy Sunday Everyone!
So I thought I’d post my latest food finding. Something that will satisfy all you sweet tooth lovers out there!
I have such a sweet tooth myself and I am always craving either some chocolate, cake or biscuits. I do what you get told to do when you are having those 3pm cravings… eat a piece of fruit or a small handful of nuts. I wait 15 minutes and I should be satisfied, right? Wrong. Sometimes this doesn’t cut it! This only leads to one thing… chocolate!!!
After searching on Pinterest for healthy snack ideas, I found so many simple, quick and easy recipes that I decided to make my own and see what happens. The result? Well, I wouldn’t be posting this blog if I didn’t think they were bloomin’ fantastic!
These are perfect if you are wanting a protein packed treat or something that tastes naughty, but are actually really quite good for you! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
It literally takes 10 minutes to make, leave in the fridge for half an hour or so and voila! Tasty, healthy goodness to help get through the week! (Ideally, I would like to eat the whole batch in one go, but that’s just greedy).
So what are the ingredients?
- Approx 20 dates
- 60ml water
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 60ml milk (any kind)
- 200g oats
- 60g protein powder (flavour to your preference)
- 40g chia seeds
- 30g coca powder
- 30g chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat the dates with the water in the microwave for 1 minute
- Remove and stir
- Place back into the microwave for approx. 30 seconds to 1 minute until it forms a paste
- Add the peanut butter and milk to this paste and mix well
- In a separate bowl, add all the other ingredients together
- Mix the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined
- Press the mixture firmly into a tin
- Leave in the fridge for half an hour
- Cut into 9 bars
It is that simple and you can adjust the ingredients to your liking. For example, you can change peanut butter to any other nut butter, use chocolate protein powder for that extra chocolaty taste and even add chocolate chips or dried fruit.
So simple, yet so tasty!
If you give this recipe a go, let me know in the comments below!
Do you have any healthy snack recipes? I’d love to hear them…
Lots of Love,