I love pancakes. I have them almost every week. In my opinion, you shouldn’t have to wait for pancake day to treat yourself! With pancake day coming up in a few days time, I thought I’d share with you my favourite protein pancake recipe. I do love traditional pancakes, but if you are looking for a healthy (ish) alternative with plenty of protein, and simple ingredients then check this recipe out. I’ve been using this over the past few months and they are extremely tasty, fluffy and so simple and easy to make!
Ingredients – Serves 2 or if you are hungry, 1 large portion. Makes around 8 pancakes.
- 60g oats
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 5-6 tbsp milk (any)
- Large squeeze of honey
- 1 scoop of protein powder (25g)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ banana (optional)
- 1tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Blitz your oats in a blender until a flour consistency is formed.
- Add all other ingredients and blitz again until a smooth batter is formed. If you are adding half a banana, make sure to mash it up with a fork beforehand!
- Melt coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add desired amount into the pan depending on how large you want your pancakes to be! I prefer small American style pancakes, rather than large ones!
- Cook for about 1 minute, or until bubbles appear on top and the pancake is golden brown
- Flip over and cook for a further minute, until both sides are golden brown
- Transfer to your plate and keep repeating until you have used all the mixture
- Finally, add desired toppings! Always the best part!
Toppings wise, I like to add fruit, usually blueberries and raspberries and banana, Greek yoghurt, nut butter, maple syrup, honey, choc shot, nuts, the list goes on…
What’s your favourite pancake recipe and toppings?